- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
Without Michael, Jacksons prepare to tour
However, Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of concert industry trade publication Pollstar, doesn’t believe The Jacksons will achieve similar success with their smaller endeavor.
“The Jacksons were really all about Michael,” said Bongiovanni. “The Cirque du Soleil show was successful because it was Cirque du Soleil and Michael’s music. I don’t know if that portends much for the remaining brothers and their ability to generate enthusiasm for ticket sales.”
The brothers are undaunted, hoping to release an album of new music then go back out on tour.
“It’s like riding a bike,” said Marlon. “You never forget, but you do need to tweak a few things.”
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick's parade that won't allow gays
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- BRUCE: The power of bossy
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014