- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Back to work: Harvin returns to Vikings minicamp
The rest of the receiver group is largely unsettled or at least unproven, which made Harvin’s complaints this week more jarring. Michael Jenkins has a reliable track record as a complementary player, but he’s coming off a season-ending knee injury. Greg Childs and Jarius Wright bring potential, but they’re fourth-round draft picks. Jerome Simpson has shown a lot of ability since signing with the Vikings in April, but he’ll be suspended for the first three games.
This makes Ponder’s second-year development that much more important. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave’s goal for him in these spring practices was a 75 percent completion rate on first and second downs, and Ponder said he thinks he surpassed that mark this week. He’s up to 233 pounds, from 212 at the start of offseason workouts, so he plans to lose a few before training camp so he doesn’t sacrifice mobility.
“For me the biggest improvement I saw was picking up blitzes and learning how to do that and recognizing things a lot better,” Ponder said. “I think the game’s really slowed down … for me.”
Follow Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.