- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Kiss me Kate: Britain’s Prince William hits 30
LONDON (AP) - The man who once was among the world’s most eligible bachelors has turned 30 _ but things are not so bad for Prince William as he celebrates his birthday with family and friends.
Palace officials say William will mark the milestone in private with his wife, the former Kate Middleton, and perhaps some close friends. They say a low key celebration is planned.
William has been pursuing a military career as a search-and-rescue helicopter pilot while easing into married life and taking on more royal duties. He is stationed at an air base in north Wales and was recently on a temporary deployment in the Falkland Islands in the south Atlantic.
He and his wife have made a number of public appearances in recent weeks, often representing his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, at events to mark her 60 years on the throne, a year-long celebration called the Diamond Jubilee.
He has seemed increasingly comfortable in public, escorting his wife, formally known as the Duchess of Cambridge, to high society soirees and “meet and greet” events.
There has been widespread speculation about the couple possibly starting a family. The talk has been fueled by William indicating that he would like to have children someday.
Along with Prince Harry, they are expected to play a prominent role as special ambassadors at the London Olympics.
William also stands to inherit an estimated 10 million pounds ($15.7 million) on his birthday under the terms of the will of his late mother, Princess Diana.
The precise amount is not known because the current value of the trust set up by his mother has not been made public.
Palace officials decline to comment on William’s private finances, and it is possible he may choose to leave the money in a trust.
His brother, Prince Harry, stands to inherit a similar amount when he turns 30 in 2014.
William is second in line for the throne behind his father, Prince Charles.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014