- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
‘Roseanne’ star Laurie Metcalf heads to Broadway
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Laurie Metcalf will be heading back to Broadway in the thriller "The Other Place."
Manhattan Theatre Club announced Thursday that it will produce Sharr White's play, which had its world premiere off-Broadway last year at MCC Theater. Previews will begin Dec. 11 at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre and opening night is set for Jan. 10.
Metcalf, an original member of Chicago's Steppenwolf Theater, will reprise her role as a brilliant researcher stopped short by an unnamed neurological disease and the unraveling of her family. Tony Award winner Joe Mantello will direct, as he did at MCC.
Metcalf is currently in "Long Day's Journey into Night" in London's West End. Her other Broadway roles include "Brighton Beach Memoirs" and "November" opposite Nathan Lane.
She won three Emmy Awards for her role as Jackie Harris on "Roseanne" and her films include "Internal Affairs" and "Uncle Buck." Metcalf won an Obie Award and a Lucille Lortel Award last year for her work on "The Other Place."
Manhattan Theatre Club also revealed another production it will mount next summer off-Broadway _ the comedy "The Explorers Club" by Nell Benjamin, who wrote "Legally Blonde."
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world