- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
‘Roseanne’ star Laurie Metcalf heads to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - Laurie Metcalf will be heading back to Broadway in the thriller "The Other Place."
Manhattan Theatre Club announced Thursday that it will produce Sharr White's play, which had its world premiere off-Broadway last year at MCC Theater. Previews will begin Dec. 11 at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre and opening night is set for Jan. 10.
Metcalf, an original member of Chicago's Steppenwolf Theater, will reprise her role as a brilliant researcher stopped short by an unnamed neurological disease and the unraveling of her family. Tony Award winner Joe Mantello will direct, as he did at MCC.
Metcalf is currently in "Long Day's Journey into Night" in London's West End. Her other Broadway roles include "Brighton Beach Memoirs" and "November" opposite Nathan Lane.
She won three Emmy Awards for her role as Jackie Harris on "Roseanne" and her films include "Internal Affairs" and "Uncle Buck." Metcalf won an Obie Award and a Lucille Lortel Award last year for her work on "The Other Place."
Manhattan Theatre Club also revealed another production it will mount next summer off-Broadway _ the comedy "The Explorers Club" by Nell Benjamin, who wrote "Legally Blonde."
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.