- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Staff stays on message as Obama campaigns
President Obama’s fundraising efforts have exceeded those of his five immediate predecessors. Yet he long ago abandoned any pretense of governing. He is willing instead to focus on a desperate grab for dwindling dollars from Hollywood’s glitterati and other wealthy sycophants. So with Mr. Obama off barnstorming the country at taxpayer expense, one wonders who is minding the store.
In Mr. Obama’s absence, are his subordinates carrying out his vision for America? Let’s take a look: Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta has been busy in the Pentagon cajoling members of the country’s last bastion of honor and integrity into attending a homosexual pride party. Following the president’s immigration speech last week, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano is legalizing illegal immigrants. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has spent most of his time being untruthful to Congress over Operation Fast and Furious.
Energy Secretary Steven Chu, perhaps the brightest dim bulb of the administration, has been wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on green start-ups like Abound Solar and Solar Mosaic, most of which carry a junk bond status. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has given sternly worded speeches to the seven or eight people who still listen, while the United States, not even leading from behind this time, stands idly by as Syria massacres its civilian populace. Finally, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. has been celebrating the great cities and airports of China while lamenting the scourge that is America.
In their leader’s absence, Team Obama seems to be flawlessly executing the president’s vision for America. How viable, though, is a vision that overtly fuels the spread of liberalism in America? We’ll have to look forward to November to find out.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response