- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Staff stays on message as Obama campaigns
Question of the Day
President Obama’s fundraising efforts have exceeded those of his five immediate predecessors. Yet he long ago abandoned any pretense of governing. He is willing instead to focus on a desperate grab for dwindling dollars from Hollywood’s glitterati and other wealthy sycophants. So with Mr. Obama off barnstorming the country at taxpayer expense, one wonders who is minding the store.
In Mr. Obama’s absence, are his subordinates carrying out his vision for America? Let’s take a look: Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta has been busy in the Pentagon cajoling members of the country’s last bastion of honor and integrity into attending a homosexual pride party. Following the president’s immigration speech last week, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet A. Napolitano is legalizing illegal immigrants. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has spent most of his time being untruthful to Congress over Operation Fast and Furious.
Energy Secretary Steven Chu, perhaps the brightest dim bulb of the administration, has been wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on green start-ups like Abound Solar and Solar Mosaic, most of which carry a junk bond status. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has given sternly worded speeches to the seven or eight people who still listen, while the United States, not even leading from behind this time, stands idly by as Syria massacres its civilian populace. Finally, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. has been celebrating the great cities and airports of China while lamenting the scourge that is America.
In their leader’s absence, Team Obama seems to be flawlessly executing the president’s vision for America. How viable, though, is a vision that overtly fuels the spread of liberalism in America? We’ll have to look forward to November to find out.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani