- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
NUGENT: Still stoned on liberty
Take a hit of freedom on Election Day
Question of the Day
The one thing you will never have to remind me of is how fortunate and blessed I am, or I should say, how fortunate all of us are to live in the greatest nation the world has ever witnessed.
The reason America is the greatest nation to have ever existed is that our country was born out of a love of freedom. The “shot heard ‘round the world” was a veritable blast to announce there was a better way than kings and queens. It was freedom.
The ongoing violence in Syria and elsewhere is a bloody reminder that much of the world is still abominable, but that America is a whole lot less abominable because we are free.
If America has a singular purpose on the world’s stage it is to serve as a reminder that freedom is the antidote to tyranny, repression and genocide. Old Glory isn’t just our flag, but is the whole world’s symbol of freedom.
Too many of the world’s nations are controlled by dictators, despots, tyrants, commies, socialists and other anti-human monsters who maintain their death grip on the unfortunate people who live under their jackboots.
America has its problems, but there are many of us who are committed to fixing them by returning to what made America great: freedom.
Regretfully, there are Americans who actually want to maintain President Obama’s socialist course that will lead to our ultimate destruction, just as it has for every other country that embraced this form of government control. Socialism restricts. Freedom rocks. It’s “we the people,” not we the sheeple.
The president recently alluded to conservatives believing that government was bad, while the free market was good. He was largely correct.
But his flippant comment is also wrong. Conservatives don’t detest the federal government - conservatives detest too much federal government; meaning that we believe what our Founding Fathers believed: Limited government is best.
Our Founders recognized that an all-encompassing, centralized government was the wrong approach, one that would limit freedom, which is why they penned our Constitution to limit the role of the federal government.
Thomas Jefferson wrote more than 200 years ago that “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” Besides socialist stooges, sheep and bloodsuckers, who can possibly find fault with Jefferson’s brilliant assessment?
Boil it down to its core, and the upcoming election is simple: Do you want more freedom or less freedom? It isn’t any more complicated than that.
On one hand, the president wants to continue growing the federal government, continue borrowing and spending at record levels, and he wants to advance a socialist agenda. This is a recipe for disaster.
On the other hand, Mitt Romney thinks we have too much government that smothers the economy, smothers freedom and smothers opportunity. This is a recipe to begin digging us out of the tremendously deep financial hole that both Democrats and Republicans have dug over the past 50 years.
More freedom is always the answer. Freedom is an intoxicating drug, and I freebase it on a daily basis. Papa’s got a brand new bag. Get some of it, and rock like an American.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages