- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
EURO 2012 LIVE: Spain vs. France
Question of the Day
WARSAW, POLAND (AP) - It’s Spain versus France for a place in the European Championship semifinals on Saturday _ the most anticipated match of the tournament so far. Here you’ll find the best of Saturday’s action and pre-match buildup. All times are Polish.
2243: Two goals from Xabi Alonso on his 100th appearance for Spain sealed victory for the defending champions and an all-Iberian semifinal. France created nothing going forward and is deservedly out after its first loss to Spain in seven competitive matches. Laurent Blanc’s side had just one shot on target.
Sunday will see the last of the quarterfinals, as England faces Italy in Kiev. The winner will take on Germany in the semifinals.
2235: Fulltime: Spain 2, France 0
Spain progresses to semifinals, where it will play Portugal.
2234: Pedro earns the penalty after being pushed over by Reveillere. Alonso steps up to take the spot kick and sends Lloris the wrong way. That’s Spain in the semis!
2232: GOAL! Spain 2, France 0 (Alonso)
2230: Penalty for Spain!
2225: Santi Cazorla is coming on for the final few minutes for Spain, and Andres Iniesta is making way. This is very easy for the Spanish. France is offering precious little going forward.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!