- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
Youkilis was lifted for a pinch-runner after hitting a triple in the seventh inning. He was greeted with a hug from Nick Punto, who pinch-ran for him, and many of his teammates on the top step of the dugout.
The burley infielder, in his ninth season with the Red Sox, took his helmet off and waved to the crowd, blew a kiss and was urged to come out for a curtain call by his teammates before heading down the steps. He was given a lengthy standing ovation and the fans chanted “Yook.”
Aaron Cook (1-1), gave up three runs _ two earned _ six hits and didn’t walk or strike out anyone in five innings.
TWINS 4, REDS 3
CINCINNATI (AP) _ Josh Willingham hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning off shaky Cincinnati closer Aroldis Chapman, rallying Minnesota over the Reds.
Minnesota left-hander Scott Diamond (6-3) allowed three runs and eight hits in eight innings.
RANGERS 4, ROCKIES 2
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) _ Matt Harrison worked five scoreless innings for his 10th victory, Leonys Martin had a pair of extra-base hits for his first three RBIs in the majors and the Texas Rangers beat Colorado.
Martin, the Cuban defector who signed with the Rangers last year, had an RBI double in the second and a two-run triple an inning later.
Harrison (10-3) won his sixth consecutive decision. His outing was cut short because of tightness in his lower back that caused soreness in his left hip.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again