- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
EURO 2012 LIVE: HT: England 0, Italy 0
WARSAW, POLAND (AP) - England and Italy are vying for the last semifinal berth at the European Championship _ and the winner will play Germany. Follow all of the action and build-up here. All times are Polish.
2136: Oddly, Wayne Rooney and Andrea Pirlo swapped shirts as the players went off for halftime, despite having at least another 45 minutes to play. If the scores are still level then, there will be 30 minutes of extra time to determine a winner. If neither side is able to book a spot in the semifinal after that, there will be a penalty shoot-out.
2130: HALF-TIME: England 0, Italy 0.
2128: Great moment from Pirlo, who shows just why he is so highly regarded as he floats a pass into Cassano at the back post. Cassano heads the ball back into the path of Balotelli in the center, but Lescott gets to it first and, somehow, from point blank range, pokes the ball over the bar for a corner, which England clears.
2125: Fantastic play by Cassano, receiving the ball from Balotelli 25 yards out with his back to goal, before instantly turning and unleashing a stinging right-footed drive that Hart palms up into the air before pouncing upon the rebound.
2121: England goes straight up the other end, Rooney and Welbeck linking up with a neat one-two before Welbeck sidefoots the ball over the bar from the edge of the penalty area. Good, entertaining game so far.
2119: Good chance for Balotelli who gets inbetween Johnson and Terry as Marchisio clips a looping ball into his path. The Italian forward hits a tame effort on the half volley straight at Hart, his Manchester City teammate in the England goal. He had more time than he realized and was disgusted with himself as Hart made a simple stop.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Border Patrol policy still permits agents to shoot at rock-throwers
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again