- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
EURO 2012 LIVE: Italy beats England on pens
2332: Italy finished the game on 64 percent possession and 35 shots, with 20 on target. England had nine attempts, with only four on target. Italy made 818 passes this evening, compared to 320 from England. Anything other than an Italian victory would have been an injustice, despite the amount of chances they missed.
2328: Italy sets up a semifinal meeting with Germany. England is out of the tournament and while they will curse their continued bad luck from the penalty spot, Italy deserved to win. It was an even first half where both sides had decent chances but Italy came out and dominated the second half and they looked the only side who would score in extra time. England defended valiantly but after offering so little in attack, they find themselves going home at the quarterfinal stage once again.
2325: Yet again, England goes out of a major championship on penalties. Italy was first to miss one, but recovered and Young and Cole missed the crucial kicks for England. Pirlo scored a spectacularly cool penalty, dinking the ball over Hart to give Italy the momentum again before Diamanti sealed the victory.
2324: ITALY HAS BEATEN ENGLAND 4-2 ON PENALTIES.
2314: FULL-TIME: England 0, Italy 0. THE MATCH WILL BE DECIDED BY A PENALTY SHOOTOUT.
2309: Italy finally has the ball in the back of the net but Diamanti, who stoops to head it past Joe Hart, is ruled offside from a Maggio cross. Diamanti is distraught but it was a very good call from the linesman. Under five minutes left now.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- Increase in battlefield deaths linked to new rules of engagement in Afghanistan
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
White House pets gone wild!