- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
EURO 2012 LIVE: Italy beats England on pens
2332: Italy finished the game on 64 percent possession and 35 shots, with 20 on target. England had nine attempts, with only four on target. Italy made 818 passes this evening, compared to 320 from England. Anything other than an Italian victory would have been an injustice, despite the amount of chances they missed.
2328: Italy sets up a semifinal meeting with Germany. England is out of the tournament and while they will curse their continued bad luck from the penalty spot, Italy deserved to win. It was an even first half where both sides had decent chances but Italy came out and dominated the second half and they looked the only side who would score in extra time. England defended valiantly but after offering so little in attack, they find themselves going home at the quarterfinal stage once again.
2325: Yet again, England goes out of a major championship on penalties. Italy was first to miss one, but recovered and Young and Cole missed the crucial kicks for England. Pirlo scored a spectacularly cool penalty, dinking the ball over Hart to give Italy the momentum again before Diamanti sealed the victory.
2324: ITALY HAS BEATEN ENGLAND 4-2 ON PENALTIES.
2314: FULL-TIME: England 0, Italy 0. THE MATCH WILL BE DECIDED BY A PENALTY SHOOTOUT.
2309: Italy finally has the ball in the back of the net but Diamanti, who stoops to head it past Joe Hart, is ruled offside from a Maggio cross. Diamanti is distraught but it was a very good call from the linesman. Under five minutes left now.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Defiant Reid vows Bundy ranch confrontation 'not over'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.