- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
EURO 2012 LIVE: Italy beats England on pens
Question of the Day
2332: Italy finished the game on 64 percent possession and 35 shots, with 20 on target. England had nine attempts, with only four on target. Italy made 818 passes this evening, compared to 320 from England. Anything other than an Italian victory would have been an injustice, despite the amount of chances they missed.
2328: Italy sets up a semifinal meeting with Germany. England is out of the tournament and while they will curse their continued bad luck from the penalty spot, Italy deserved to win. It was an even first half where both sides had decent chances but Italy came out and dominated the second half and they looked the only side who would score in extra time. England defended valiantly but after offering so little in attack, they find themselves going home at the quarterfinal stage once again.
2325: Yet again, England goes out of a major championship on penalties. Italy was first to miss one, but recovered and Young and Cole missed the crucial kicks for England. Pirlo scored a spectacularly cool penalty, dinking the ball over Hart to give Italy the momentum again before Diamanti sealed the victory.
2324: ITALY HAS BEATEN ENGLAND 4-2 ON PENALTIES.
2314: FULL-TIME: England 0, Italy 0. THE MATCH WILL BE DECIDED BY A PENALTY SHOOTOUT.
2309: Italy finally has the ball in the back of the net but Diamanti, who stoops to head it past Joe Hart, is ruled offside from a Maggio cross. Diamanti is distraught but it was a very good call from the linesman. Under five minutes left now.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world