- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
EURO 2012 LIVE: Italy beats England on pens
2234: FULL TIME: ENGLAND 0-0 ITALY. There will now be 30 minutes of extra-time.
2233: Rooney tries a close-range overhead kick in front of goal but connects with his toe and the ball flies high over the bar.
2231: There will be three minutes of injury time.
2230: With seconds left of normal time, there’s a great last-ditch interception from Johnson to deny Nocerino.
2219: Andy Carroll wins a free kick for England 40 yards from goal and Gerrard curls the ball into the penalty area, aiming for Rooney. The ball is just too high for the forward though but, as he misses it, Gerrard’s delivery looks, for a moment, as though it could creep inside the near post itself. Buffon reaches it in time, though, and stops the danger.
2215: Steven Gerrard has gone down holding his left leg. The physio came on and the England captain receives treatment before walking off the pitch, despite a stretcher being brought on for him. Worrying signs for England fans, but Gerrard manages to come back on the field of play. That said, he’s looking tired out there.
2211: 68 minutes played here and it remains goalless. Italy is still enjoying most of the possession but the English are proving difficult to break down, with John Terry throwing himself at everything.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- IRS pays tax cheats hundreds of millions of dollars
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Rush weighs in: Maybe Republicans dont dislike Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow