- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
EURO 2012 LIVE: Italy beats England on pens
2205: Italy enjoying the majority of possession still and Pirlo is finding a bit of space in the midfield area. Hodgson will be hoping that the introduction of Walcott means the Arsenal player can provide an outlet on the right wing and help England hit on the counter attack.
2155: Three chances fall to Italy. De Rossi tries his luck from 25 yards and gets closer to scoring than he did in the six yard area as Hart has to beat the ball away. It lands at the feet of Balotelli, who shoots straight at the body of Hart before the rebound is prodded over by Riccardo Montolivo who was only a few yards out. How are the Italians not ahead?
2151: De Rossi misses a great chance for Italy who should really be 1-0 ahead. Pirlo delivers a deep corner into the area that is punched away by Hart. The ball is headed back into the mix and drops perfectly to De Rossi who volleys wide, on the turn, from around six yards out. He was under no pressure from the England defense but the chance goes begging when the midfielder had the goal at his mercy.
2146: The second half is underway and there are no changes on either side.
2136: Oddly, Wayne Rooney and Andrea Pirlo swapped shirts as the players went off for halftime, despite having at least another 45 minutes to play. If the scores are still level then, there will be 30 minutes of extra time to determine a winner. If neither side is able to book a spot in the semifinal after that, there will be a penalty shootout.
2130: HALF-TIME: England 0, Italy 0.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow