- N.Y. prosecutors: Russian diplomats bilked $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
Tuning in to TV: ‘Idol’ runner-up Sanchez in talks for ‘Glee’ role
“Glee” is taking its new Thursday pairing with “American Idol” to a whole new level.
As first reported by TV Line, details on Miss Sanchez’s character are being kept under wraps, but the singer would join the series midway through season four and join high-profile additions Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson, who both have signed on for multiple episodes.
TV One cable network preps for rebranding
TV One, a basic cable network that targets blacks, will launch a fresh branding initiative this summer that will include a new logo and the tagline “Where Black Life Unfolds.”
Kenetta Bailey, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of TV One, said the network is making the first major changes in its on-air look and brand presentation since launching eight years ago so that the image better reflects the channel’s mission and its programming.
“The marketplace has changed very dramatically,” Ms. Bailey said. “There are a lot of shows that are now reaching out to our audience. We have seen increasing competition from networks that specifically target African-Americans. There’s no time better than now to really state our claim and to give the brand a true identity.”
The rebranding is the result of consumer research done over the past year to evaluate the brand awareness and the expectations of the audience.
“We want to make sure our viewers understand exactly what the network is all about: great storytelling through a variety of genres that reflect and celebrate the rich diversity of black life in America,” Ms. Bailey said.
TV One earlier this year said it would double the amount of original programming it carried. The rebranding will kick in at the same time as the new lineup goes on the air, beginning Aug. 20 with the premiere of “R&B Divas,” about the lives of five rhythm-and-blues stars.
USA’s ‘Political Animals’ adds guest stars to cast
Sigourney Weaver’s “Political Animals” is adding to its cast. The six-episode political drama has recruited David Monahan, who recently had gigs on “Dexter” and “Revenge,” as the closeted Republican Congressman Sean Reeves. He will appear in the fourth episode.
Meanwhile, “Fringe” actress Blair Brown has landed a plum role as journalist Susan Berg’s (Carla Gugino) mother, Barbara, the Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
“Political Animals” centers on Elaine Barrish (Ms. Weaver), a divorced former first lady and current secretary of state, who is struggling to keep her family together while simultaneously dealing with the crises of the State Department.
“Political Animals” launches at 10 p.m. July 15 on USA.
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- At minimum, a bad deal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
We’re not all having tea with the Queen you know.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
White House pets gone wild!