- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Tuning in to TV: ‘Idol’ runner-up Sanchez in talks for ‘Glee’ role
“Glee” is taking its new Thursday pairing with “American Idol” to a whole new level.
The Fox musical dramedy reportedly is close to adding this season’s “Idol” runner-up, Jessica Sanchez, for a multi-episode arc in its upcoming fourth season, the Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, details on Miss Sanchez’s character are being kept under wraps, but the singer would join the series midway through season four and join high-profile additions Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson, who both have signed on for multiple episodes.
TV One cable network preps for rebranding
TV One, a basic cable network that targets blacks, will launch a fresh branding initiative this summer that will include a new logo and the tagline “Where Black Life Unfolds.”
Kenetta Bailey, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of TV One, said the network is making the first major changes in its on-air look and brand presentation since launching eight years ago so that the image better reflects the channel’s mission and its programming.
“The marketplace has changed very dramatically,” Ms. Bailey said. “There are a lot of shows that are now reaching out to our audience. We have seen increasing competition from networks that specifically target African-Americans. There’s no time better than now to really state our claim and to give the brand a true identity.”
The rebranding is the result of consumer research done over the past year to evaluate the brand awareness and the expectations of the audience.
“We want to make sure our viewers understand exactly what the network is all about: great storytelling through a variety of genres that reflect and celebrate the rich diversity of black life in America,” Ms. Bailey said.
TV One earlier this year said it would double the amount of original programming it carried. The rebranding will kick in at the same time as the new lineup goes on the air, beginning Aug. 20 with the premiere of “R&B Divas,” about the lives of five rhythm-and-blues stars.
USA’s ‘Political Animals’ adds guest stars to cast
Sigourney Weaver’s “Political Animals” is adding to its cast. The six-episode political drama has recruited David Monahan, who recently had gigs on “Dexter” and “Revenge,” as the closeted Republican Congressman Sean Reeves. He will appear in the fourth episode.
Meanwhile, “Fringe” actress Blair Brown has landed a plum role as journalist Susan Berg’s (Carla Gugino) mother, Barbara, the Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
“Political Animals” centers on Elaine Barrish (Ms. Weaver), a divorced former first lady and current secretary of state, who is struggling to keep her family together while simultaneously dealing with the crises of the State Department.
“Political Animals” launches at 10 p.m. July 15 on USA.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.