- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Tuning in to TV: ‘Idol’ runner-up Sanchez in talks for ‘Glee’ role
Question of the Day
“Glee” is taking its new Thursday pairing with “American Idol” to a whole new level.
The Fox musical dramedy reportedly is close to adding this season’s “Idol” runner-up, Jessica Sanchez, for a multi-episode arc in its upcoming fourth season, the Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, details on Miss Sanchez’s character are being kept under wraps, but the singer would join the series midway through season four and join high-profile additions Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson, who both have signed on for multiple episodes.
TV One cable network preps for rebranding
TV One, a basic cable network that targets blacks, will launch a fresh branding initiative this summer that will include a new logo and the tagline “Where Black Life Unfolds.”
Kenetta Bailey, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of TV One, said the network is making the first major changes in its on-air look and brand presentation since launching eight years ago so that the image better reflects the channel’s mission and its programming.
“The marketplace has changed very dramatically,” Ms. Bailey said. “There are a lot of shows that are now reaching out to our audience. We have seen increasing competition from networks that specifically target African-Americans. There’s no time better than now to really state our claim and to give the brand a true identity.”
The rebranding is the result of consumer research done over the past year to evaluate the brand awareness and the expectations of the audience.
“We want to make sure our viewers understand exactly what the network is all about: great storytelling through a variety of genres that reflect and celebrate the rich diversity of black life in America,” Ms. Bailey said.
TV One earlier this year said it would double the amount of original programming it carried. The rebranding will kick in at the same time as the new lineup goes on the air, beginning Aug. 20 with the premiere of “R&B Divas,” about the lives of five rhythm-and-blues stars.
USA’s ‘Political Animals’ adds guest stars to cast
Sigourney Weaver’s “Political Animals” is adding to its cast. The six-episode political drama has recruited David Monahan, who recently had gigs on “Dexter” and “Revenge,” as the closeted Republican Congressman Sean Reeves. He will appear in the fourth episode.
Meanwhile, “Fringe” actress Blair Brown has landed a plum role as journalist Susan Berg’s (Carla Gugino) mother, Barbara, the Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
“Political Animals” centers on Elaine Barrish (Ms. Weaver), a divorced former first lady and current secretary of state, who is struggling to keep her family together while simultaneously dealing with the crises of the State Department.
“Political Animals” launches at 10 p.m. July 15 on USA.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors