- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Tuning in to TV: ‘Idol’ runner-up Sanchez in talks for ‘Glee’ role
Question of the Day
"Glee" is taking its new Thursday pairing with "American Idol" to a whole new level.
The Fox musical dramedy reportedly is close to adding this season's "Idol" runner-up, Jessica Sanchez, for a multi-episode arc in its upcoming fourth season, the Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, details on Miss Sanchez's character are being kept under wraps, but the singer would join the series midway through season four and join high-profile additions Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson, who both have signed on for multiple episodes.
TV One cable network preps for rebranding
TV One, a basic cable network that targets blacks, will launch a fresh branding initiative this summer that will include a new logo and the tagline "Where Black Life Unfolds."
Kenetta Bailey, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of TV One, said the network is making the first major changes in its on-air look and brand presentation since launching eight years ago so that the image better reflects the channel's mission and its programming.
"The marketplace has changed very dramatically," Ms. Bailey said. "There are a lot of shows that are now reaching out to our audience. We have seen increasing competition from networks that specifically target African-Americans. There's no time better than now to really state our claim and to give the brand a true identity."
The rebranding is the result of consumer research done over the past year to evaluate the brand awareness and the expectations of the audience.
"We want to make sure our viewers understand exactly what the network is all about: great storytelling through a variety of genres that reflect and celebrate the rich diversity of black life in America," Ms. Bailey said.
TV One earlier this year said it would double the amount of original programming it carried. The rebranding will kick in at the same time as the new lineup goes on the air, beginning Aug. 20 with the premiere of "R&B Divas," about the lives of five rhythm-and-blues stars.
USA's 'Political Animals' adds guest stars to cast
Sigourney Weaver's "Political Animals" is adding to its cast. The six-episode political drama has recruited David Monahan, who recently had gigs on "Dexter" and "Revenge," as the closeted Republican Congressman Sean Reeves. He will appear in the fourth episode.
Meanwhile, "Fringe" actress Blair Brown has landed a plum role as journalist Susan Berg's (Carla Gugino) mother, Barbara, the Hollywood Reporter confirmed.
"Political Animals" centers on Elaine Barrish (Ms. Weaver), a divorced former first lady and current secretary of state, who is struggling to keep her family together while simultaneously dealing with the crises of the State Department.
"Political Animals" launches at 10 p.m. July 15 on USA.
• Compiled from Web and wire reports.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq