- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
EURO 2012 LIVE: Portugal 0, Spain 0
Question of the Day
WARSAW, POLAND (AP) - Portugal plays Spain in the first semifinal of the European Championship in Donetsk, Ukraine, Wednesday. Here’s the running account of the action and pre-match buildup. All times are local to Poland.
2308: From AP’s simonhaydon: Ronaldo did an excellent impression of the dying swan as he hit the ground, apparently unconscious. Ten seconds later he’s up and about. Fabregas then breaks through but can’t finish. Four minutes left.
2306: Jesus Navas fires at the goalkeeper from 12 yards. Rui Patricio gets a hand to it and it rebounds off Pepe. Spanish players go nuts looking for a free kick for a passback but they’re wrong and we meander on gently towards penalties. Then, a yellow for Alonso for a late challenge on Real Madrid teammate Ronaldo.
2256: Iniesta really should have scored. Presented with the ball six yards out, his shot was weak and pushed to one side by the Portugal goalie. He won’t get many better chances than that. Jordi Alba is making an impression down the left wing.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world