- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
EURO 2012 LIVE: Portugal 0, Spain 0
Question of the Day
2241: Extra-time underway.
2240: Well, an intriguing, if goalless 90 minutes that has been notable for Portugal’s spirited performance and - it has to be said - another insipid showing from the world champions. Portugal did not let Spain settle with aggressive tactics that saw 5 of their players booked but also a willingness to attack that really should have resulted in a goal. Spain had just six shots, one on target, Portugal had 10 shots, two on target.
2228: There’s a surprise. Xavi Hernandez is substituted. He’s had an average night by his extremely high standards. The Portuguese are bound to get a lift seeing him leave the pitch.
2225: Ronaldo gets another chance from a long-range free kick and is awarded a re-take after the ball strikes Arbeloa’s arm in the wall. He tries again, a bit closer this time _ but again the ball goes over. You’d expect more from Ronaldo from that range.
2219: Cynical kick by Bruno Alves into Fabregas’ back. You feel a red card could be coming out tonight. It’s getting niggly. Less than 15 minutes to go and neither side is pressing, perhaps mindful that a mistake now could mean elimination.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq