- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
- North Korea warns South: We’ll attack ‘without warning’
- Congress sends sweeping defense bill to Obama
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London’s Apollo theatre during performance
- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
EURO 2012 LIVE: Spain beats Portugal on pens
Question of the Day
2115: Ronaldo could have passed it but instead chooses a complex reverse switch pass. Portugal appeals for a handball inside the Spanish area but there was no deliberate intent. Spain flows forward _ whistled loudly by what appears to be a Ukrainian crowd that doesn’t like the passing game too much _ and Iniesta shoots over the bar again as we pass the 30-minute mark.
2112: PaulLogoAP: Donbass Arena definitely not full capacity, a lot of empty seats scattered. Absolutely no Portuguese section of fans in … (via Twitter)
2110: Hardly any atmosphere out there in the stands. You can clearly hear the players calling to each other. The occasional whistle or cheer when there’s a break, but surprisingly calm given the huge stakes and local rivalry.
2105: Nani breaks clear with a route to goal but clearly dives. He’s lucky to get away without being booked. He was in a promising position out on the right. Why do that?
2103: Ronaldo is tripped just outside the area on the left and takes the kick but fires it straight at the wall. The Real Madrid genius is warming up now and getting into the game. Spain getting very little room or possession to play their usual game, but they still look dangerous.
2100: Two minutes later Iniesta breaks through again but shoots over. Ronaldo’s been somewhat on the periphery of the game until now but he’s just burst down the left and put in a cross but his final ball is a little heavy and Casillas comfortably collects. It’s 0-0 _ but an entertaining 0-0.
2049: Casillas has to tip over the bar from a corner as Portugal makes a bright start, pinning the Spanish back in their own area. Spain not being allowed to have things their own way as Portugal closes down quickly, harrassing the Iberian neighbours.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- EDITORIAL: Red faces at the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- Sebelius adds yet another exemption for Obamacare
- Breaking Bad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow