- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
In honoring Ephron, here are 10 of her best lines
5. The last lines of “You’ve Got Mail,” after all the gesturing and posturing, the sabotage and mistaken identity, they meet in Riverside Park and Ryan finally realizes that Hanks has been her secret email pal all along.
Hanks: “Don’t cry, Shopgirl. Don’t cry.”
Ryan: “I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.”
6. From 1993’s “Sleepless in Seattle,” which Ephron also wrote and directed. Tom Hanks‘ son has called into a late-night talk radio show for him. As he explains what was so special about his late wife, Ryan is listening in her car across the country.
“Well, how long is your program? Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they just meant we were supposed to be together. And I knew it. And I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I’d ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like … magic.
Hanks: “What is tiramisu?”
Reiner: “You’ll find out.”
Hanks: “Well, what is it?”
Reiner: “You’ll see.”
Hanks: “Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I’m not gonna know what it is!”
8. From “Heartburn” (1986), directed by Mike Nichols, which Ephron wrote based on her own marriage to Carl Bernstein. Meryl Streep confronts Jack Nicholson about the affair he’s been having with a drawer full of telltale receipts.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Minister: Iceland refused to help FBI on WikiLeaks
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow