- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany 1 Italy 2
2239: Germany goalkeeper Neuer twice advanced deep into Italy’s half in a desperate attempt to save the match, but the Italians have done it. They’ve deserved it on the night. The Germans were uncharacteristically weak at the back _ and Italy showed all its traditional qualities of defending tightly and being comfortable in possession. They could’ve scored even more. It’s Italy vs. Spain now on Sunday for the Euro 2012 title. For Germany, the Italian jinx continues.
2236: A handball in the area and Germany gets a last-gasp penalty, Oezil converting calmly. Surely they can’t find another. Or can they?
2226: Di Natale breaks the offside trap and has a great chance but fires into the side netting. Italy then has the ball in the net seconds later but Balzaretti is flagged offside before scoring. Germany looks finished here, leaving big gaps in midfield and at the back.
2220: Marchisio again wastes a chance to finish the match off. After some fine link-up play by Pirlo, he breaks into the box but instead of crossing to the unmarked Di Natale, Marchisio goes for goal and fires wide. Suffice to say his teammate isn’t happy with that decision. Just over 10 minutes left here and Germany is on the brink of being eliminated.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Tracy Porter, Jason Hatcher, Darryl Sharpton set to join Redskins
- NFL free agency: Revis, Sproles have new homes while Smith, Harrison are looking
- Senators reach deal on unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Obama's 'Funny or Die' gig is beneath dignity of presidency
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again