- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany 1 Italy 2
2120: Boateng breaks down the right wing for Germany and gets a cross over, but Podolski fails to connect with any power. The Italians then go up the other end and after a great touch by Cassano, Montolivo fails to take advantage and falls instead of shooting.
2117: We’ve passed the 30-minute mark and the Italians are looking hard to break down. They’re slowing the game down a little in midfield and the Germans are struggling to find the final ball. A big cheer for some skilful play by Pirlo who backheels the ball to escape the attention of his marker in the center circle.
2114: Oezil tries his luck from outside the area but he’ll have to connect better than that to trouble Buffon who easily collects.
2104: Good effort from Montolivo from outside the box, but Neuer dives to his right and gets both hands on the shot. A minute later, Cassano tries an ambitious effort from a similar distance but that one is more comfortable for Neuer. The Italians are having a good spell here.
By Brahma Chellaney
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'economic freedom zones' for Detroit
- Redskins' season hits bottom with Chiefs blowout
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Sen. Rand Paul: 'I am seriously thinking about' running for president in 2016
- Legalizing illegal immigrants is the solution to Obamacare: Democrat
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!