- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Conyers active on constituents’ behalf
The news story “Rivals betting Rep. Conyers vulnerable in Aug. primary” (Web, Monday) leaves readers with the impression that the Michigan Democrat’s days in the House might be numbered.
Anyone who has been following the movements of John Conyers Jr. recently would see he is introducing bills and amendments (and winning on several), making speeches on the floor, holding and going to meetings in Washington and Detroit, getting grants for his district and advocating issue after issue to help the poor and oppressed.
Mr. Conyers‘ work schedule is as full as ever, and he continues to live and breathe his work. Just ask his staff, who still insist on working with him nonstop to get positive things done. Mr. Conyers is the same man he’s always been. Only people who want to make him vulnerable would say otherwise. His activity and continued effectiveness are facts; saying he does not have them is a made-up myth by the opposition.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- KNIGHT: Can the ACLU force Catholic hospitals to perform abortions?
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics