- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Inside the Beltway: Courting the Vogue voter
IN SUMMATION, PART 1
“President Obama has been in office, flying around the country and the world, without anything to show for it in the way of improving American lives or building confidence in this economy.
“Any way you look at it, we are suffering though the weakest recovery since the Great Depression. The following figures demonstrate — regardless of what the unemployment rate might be — that the President’s agenda is detrimental for the economy as a whole and especially for the nation’s most vulnerable citizens.”
(Rep. Allan B. West, Florida Republican, in a message to his constituents released Saturday).
IN SUMMATION, PART 2
“Three and a half years, nearly 100 rounds of golf. Barack Obama has exploded the debt in this country. He has passed a stimulus program that grew government and not the economy. He socialized health care and he armed Mexican drug cartels… Admit it America, 2008 was our national ‘oops’ moment.”
(Texas Gov. Rick Perry, to the North Carolina Republican Convention on Saturday).
Three cheers: Child actress makes good. Melissa Francis once starred on “Little House on the Prairie,” appeared in 100 TV commercials, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Harvard University, then served as a reporter for five local TV stations before becoming a financial analyst for CNBC. The next chapter? Miss Francis debuts Monday at 5 p.m. ET as a newly minted anchor on the Fox Business Network.
“Money With Melissa Francis” focuses on the travails of the American taxpayer plus key policy issues that affect citizens for better or worse. The network advises their evening lineup will shift as well. Look for “The Willis Report” at 6 p.m., “Lou Dobbs Tonight” at 7 p.m. Neil Cavuto will take over at 8 p.m.; “Stossel,” hosted by John Stossel will continue on Thursday night at 9 p.m.
POLL DU JOUR
• 67 percent of Americans plan summer vacation travel.
• 66 percent do not plan to travel on popular holiday weekends such as July Fourth or Labor Day.
• 54 percent will spend from $500 to $2,000 on their “getaway”; 18 percent will spend $2,001 to $3,000.
• 52 percent plan to cash in on credit card rewards to help with vacation expenses.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: A Hillary-free 2016 would confound Democrats
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- George P. Bush - son of Jeb - the lead figure in the Bush political push for now
- Inside the Beltway: The appeal of 'strong America'
- 4 MILLION WORDS: the U.S. Tax Code is seven times the length of 'War and Peace'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.