- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Inside the Beltway: Courting the Vogue voter
IN SUMMATION, PART 1
“President Obama has been in office, flying around the country and the world, without anything to show for it in the way of improving American lives or building confidence in this economy.
“Any way you look at it, we are suffering though the weakest recovery since the Great Depression. The following figures demonstrate — regardless of what the unemployment rate might be — that the President’s agenda is detrimental for the economy as a whole and especially for the nation’s most vulnerable citizens.”
(Rep. Allan B. West, Florida Republican, in a message to his constituents released Saturday).
IN SUMMATION, PART 2
“Three and a half years, nearly 100 rounds of golf. Barack Obama has exploded the debt in this country. He has passed a stimulus program that grew government and not the economy. He socialized health care and he armed Mexican drug cartels… Admit it America, 2008 was our national ‘oops’ moment.”
(Texas Gov. Rick Perry, to the North Carolina Republican Convention on Saturday).
Three cheers: Child actress makes good. Melissa Francis once starred on “Little House on the Prairie,” appeared in 100 TV commercials, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Harvard University, then served as a reporter for five local TV stations before becoming a financial analyst for CNBC. The next chapter? Miss Francis debuts Monday at 5 p.m. ET as a newly minted anchor on the Fox Business Network.
“Money With Melissa Francis” focuses on the travails of the American taxpayer plus key policy issues that affect citizens for better or worse. The network advises their evening lineup will shift as well. Look for “The Willis Report” at 6 p.m., “Lou Dobbs Tonight” at 7 p.m. Neil Cavuto will take over at 8 p.m.; “Stossel,” hosted by John Stossel will continue on Thursday night at 9 p.m.
POLL DU JOUR
• 67 percent of Americans plan summer vacation travel.
• 66 percent do not plan to travel on popular holiday weekends such as July Fourth or Labor Day.
• 54 percent will spend from $500 to $2,000 on their “getaway”; 18 percent will spend $2,001 to $3,000.
• 52 percent plan to cash in on credit card rewards to help with vacation expenses.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: 'Guns Save Lives Day'
- Inside the Beltway: Conservatives ponder next 'character assassin'
- Inside the Beltway: Americans think U.S. global prestige is fading, Pew poll shows
- Inside the Beltway: Stringent advice from a reporter to Obama on Term 2
- Inside the Beltway: Obamacare team lauds 'private sector velocity' of website repairs
Latest Blog Entries
- Americans just say yes: members of Congress should be subject to random drug testing
- 70 percent of Americans say U.S. has lost world respect; 80 percent of GOP, 56 percent of Democrats agree
- For the gift givers arsenal: politically incorrect guides that praise America
- 70 percent of Americans fear another government shutdown in January when the money runs out
- Are you the parent of a girl? Then you're likely a conservative Republican study says
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!