- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Murray wins match with latest finish ever
Question of the Day
WIMBLEDON, ENGLAND (AP) - Andy Murray beat Marcos Baghdatis in the latest match ever to finish at Wimbledon, wrapping up a 7-5, 3-6, 7-5, 6-1 victory at 11:02 p.m. Saturday underneath the Centre Court roof.
The deadline for stopping play under the roof is 11 p.m. but organizers allowed the match to continue as Murray was about to serve for the match. He served it out at love when Baghdatis sent his return long, setting off a raucous cheer from the home crowd.
The previous latest finish was 10:58 p.m.
The fourth-seeded Murray is trying to become the first Briton since Fred Perry in 1936 to win Wimbledon, and his chances have been boosted by Rafael Nadal getting knocked out in the second round. Murray and Nadal were set to meet in the semifinals.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world