- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Tuning in to TV: South Park creators unveil new video game
The creators of “South Park,” the animated show known for its crude language and lampooning hot-button social issues, are about to whack the video game world with “The Stick of Truth.”
The video game trailer showed the cartoon town being destroyed by “goblins, vampires and hippies.” The group of cartoon friends at the core of the show set out to save the town with the help of a “new kid” whose family just moved to the community.
A version of the game tailored for Xbox 360 voice and gesture-sensing Kinect controllers will let players taunt adversaries. The game is to be released in March 2013.
Air date set for reality show despite threat of CBS suit
ABC said Monday that 14 people, including a bail bondsman, a scientist and a bar mitzvah DJ, will become housemates and compete for a $250,000 prize. Audience feedback will help shape the contestants’ daily life and who stays in the game.
CBS, however, is seeking an injunction blocking the airing of “The Glass House,” alleging it violates copyrights and trade secrets from its show “Big Brother.”ABC has denied wrongdoing, saying the two shows have numerous differences.
Jerry O'Connell has a new address: 1313 Mockingbird Lane.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again