- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Miley Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth are engaged
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - It turns out “The Last Song” was only the beginning for Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth.
The couple who met on the set of that movie in 2009 announced their engagement Wednesday morning. Publicist Jeff Raymond confirms a People Magazine report of the news.
Hemsworth, the 22-year-old Australian star of “The Hunger Games,” and Cyrus, the 19-year-old “Hannah Montana” star and singer, were engaged on May 31. Hemsworth proposed with a 3.5-carat diamond ring, People reports.
“I’m so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam,” Cyrus told People.
The magazine report also said Cyrus is recording a new album while Hemsworth is scheduled to shoot two movies before tackling “The Hunger Games” sequel.
A message left with the publicist of Cyrus’ father, Billy Ray, was not immediately returned.
Follow http://www.twitter.com/AP_Country for the latest country news from the Associated Press.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.