- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
McCreery gets CMT award, diploma from NC school
Question of the Day
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Scotty McCreery already had an honor in hand by the time he received his diploma from North Carolina’s Garner High School.
The 2011 “American Idol” winner took home breakthrough video of the year from the CMT Music Awards for “The Trouble with Girls” just hours before his graduation ceremony at the Raleigh Convention Center on Thursday.
It was a quick turnaround for McCreery, who received the CMT honor Wednesday night in Nashville, Tenn. He then caught a late flight home to walk across the stage in his cap and gown for the 8 a.m. ceremony.
Fans who wanted a glimpse of McCreery needed a ticket to see him graduate. Each student received eight tickets for family members and friends. McCreery plans to attend North Carolina State University in the fall.
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!