- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
EURO 2012 LIVE: Netherlands vs Denmark
Question of the Day
1813: They are looking dangerous on the attack, the Netherlands. Van Persie picks out the run of Sneijder with a superbly weighted ball, but Sneijder can’t get enough power on the header as he tries to direct it across goal. Afellay tries his luck again for Holland, forcing his way into the left side of the penalty area with a couple of step-overs. He cuts in on his right foot but curls over the bar.
1810: Denmark win a free-kick from around thirty yards out. Christian Eriksen takes but hits it straight into the wall. Chance for Van Persie and he should have scored. Robben pulls the ball across the six yard box and it hits the heel of Simon Kjaer. The ball spins to Van Persie who hits it first time wide of the goal from around ten yards.
Van Persie wins a header, knocking it back towards Ibrahim Afellay. The ball takes a fraction too long to come down for him though and there was enough pressure on him from the defender as he shot high and wide.
1803: Agger wins a header from a free-kick, which is taken with comfort by Stekelenburg. Willems later attempts a shot which flies over. It was close, though and Willems is clearly not fazed by the big stage.
The Netherlands kick-off. The pitch looks in very good condition and there is a sea of orange in the stadium. Dutch fans have turned out in big numbers.
1800: They’re off.It’s a warm evening in Kharkiv.
1758: Stephan Andersen is in goal for Denmark after first choice Thomas Sorensen was ruled out of the tournament through injury. Daniel Agger captains Denmark and Mark van Bommel is captain of the Netherlands. The players shake hands and kick-off is imminent. The Netherlands are in their traditional orange kit whilst Denmark are in white. According to his official website, Huntelaar has scored 31 goals in 52 games for the Netherlands. He was top scorer in qualifying, too, with twelve goals in eight games.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world