- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Mariners C Montero 1 constant in no-hitter
Question of the Day
The six pitchers ties the record for the most used in a no-hitter. It also was the second no-hitter at Safeco Field this season, joining Phil Humber’s perfect game for the White Sox in April.
The two gems are the first no-hitters in the park’s 13-year history, and umpire Brian Runge was behind home plate for both of them.
Johan Santana of the Mets and Jered Weaver of the Angels are the only other players with no-hitters this season.
The Dodgers‘ clubhouse was loose Saturday morning. Manager Don Mattingly was not taken back by the result.
“There really was nothing really about the game, other than getting beat, that I was really dissatisfied with,” Mattingly said. “I didn’t feel a lack of effort or anything like that. They shut us down.
“It’s not one of those you walk away from, gee, I’m really disappointed with my club, they didn’t come to play . the biggest disappointment is you didn’t get a win. Wouldn’t matter if it was 10-9, 5-4, 3-2 or 1-0. It’s going to be an L no matter how you slice it.”
It was sliced in a rare six ways, but Mariners manager Eric Wedge has already moved on.
“Last night, was last night, and today’s today,” Wedge said.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq