- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Player capsules for the US Open
Tee talk: The Italian is one of the most understated players on the world stage. He’s very straight off the tee, though not terribly long. His putter is not always the strongest club in the bag, though he showed his potential in Shanghai two years ago with a fabulous duel with Lee Westwood to win the HSBC Champions.
World ranking: 3.
Official wins: 34.
U.S. Open highlight: Missing a playoff by only one shot at Torrey Pines.
U.S. Open lowlight: Faced with a 15-foot birdie putt to get into a playoff at Torrey Pines, he left it short.
Tee talk: Westwood is in a much better frame of mind this year. He is playing much better, has worked hard on his chipping (a key for the U.S. Open) and has reasonably good memories of Olympic from 1998, when he tied for seventh. At 39, his window to win a major is closing at medium speed.
Country: Northern Ireland.
World ranking: 2.
Official wins: 5.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.