- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
American Scene: Man in Detroit case not mentally competent
Man in Detroit explosive case still not mentally competent
MARQUETTE | A judge has ruled that a Michigan man who authorities say placed an explosive outside a federal building in Detroit last year is still not mentally competent to face the charges.
The Mining Journal of Marquette reports that U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy Greeley made the determination Tuesday in the case of Gary Mikulich. Judge Greeley made a similar determination in August. Mr. Mikulich, 44, is in custody for treatment to try to improve his mental health.
An email seeking comment was sent Thursday to an attorney for Mr. Mikulich.
Mr. Mikulich, of Kingsford, is charged with leaving a metal box containing explosive components outside the McNamara Federal Building on Feb. 26, 2011. After his arrest, his family said he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia 18 years ago and often refuses to take medication.
Police: Woman gave illegal buttocks-enhancing injections
PHILADELPHIA | Police arrested a Philadelphia woman they say gave illegal buttocks-enhancing injections, and investigators are examining her possible connection to the death of a foreign tourist in a similar case last year.
Authorities say Padge Victoria Windslowe faces charges including aggravated assault and deceptive practices following her arrest Wednesday night.
Police say Ms. Windslowe was taken into custody as she prepared to host a “pumping party” where she would illegally inject clients.
Woman gives birth to third Leap Day baby
PROVO | A Utah woman has tied a record after she gave birth on a third consecutive Leap Day.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Study: Children fare better in traditional mom-dad families
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.