- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
American Scene: Man in Detroit case not mentally competent
Question of the Day
Man in Detroit explosive case still not mentally competent
MARQUETTE | A judge has ruled that a Michigan man who authorities say placed an explosive outside a federal building in Detroit last year is still not mentally competent to face the charges.
The Mining Journal of Marquette reports that U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy Greeley made the determination Tuesday in the case of Gary Mikulich. Judge Greeley made a similar determination in August. Mr. Mikulich, 44, is in custody for treatment to try to improve his mental health.
An email seeking comment was sent Thursday to an attorney for Mr. Mikulich.
Mr. Mikulich, of Kingsford, is charged with leaving a metal box containing explosive components outside the McNamara Federal Building on Feb. 26, 2011. After his arrest, his family said he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia 18 years ago and often refuses to take medication.
Police: Woman gave illegal buttocks-enhancing injections
PHILADELPHIA | Police arrested a Philadelphia woman they say gave illegal buttocks-enhancing injections, and investigators are examining her possible connection to the death of a foreign tourist in a similar case last year.
Authorities say Padge Victoria Windslowe faces charges including aggravated assault and deceptive practices following her arrest Wednesday night.
Police say Ms. Windslowe was taken into custody as she prepared to host a “pumping party” where she would illegally inject clients.
Woman gives birth to third Leap Day baby
PROVO | A Utah woman has tied a record after she gave birth on a third consecutive Leap Day.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq