- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Ex-Bronco expressed surprised woman was pregnant
Question of the Day
“It wouldn’t have been fine but I wouldn’t have seen it as rape if he admitted it,” she said, referring to Thomas.
She said she went to a hospital the next day, but left before police could arrive and collect evidence because she didn’t want to falsely accuse anybody when she wasn’t sure something happened. She contacted police on Oct. 28, 2010, after learning she was pregnant.
Thomas testified that Cox carried the sleeping woman to his bed and told Thomas, “I think she’s ready.” Steinberg objected, arguing Thomas he hadn’t used the “she’s ready” phrase in a previous interview, and he asked for a mistrial. District Judge Paul King declined.
Under questioning by Steinberg, Thomas said he sent the woman a text the next day to ask if she remembered what happened, which the woman told police she found suspicious. Thomas said he sent the text after Cassius Vaughn, Cox’s roommate who was asleep in the apartment during the alleged assault, told him at the Broncos‘ practice facility that Che and the accuser “had a girl on girl action.”
Thomas caught an 80-yard touchdown pass in overtime to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in a first-round playoff game in January.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Jersey City Mayor: Cop killer lay in wait for police to arrive
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs