- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Reaction to the death of conservative Andrew Breitbart
Reaction to the death of conservative media publisher and activist Andrew Breitbart:
"RIP 'O Mighty Warrior!" Texas Gov. Rick Perry, on Twitter.
"Media Matters has a long history with Andrew Breitbart," said Ari Rabin-Havt with the liberal watchdog that was a frequent Breitbart critic. "We've disagreed more than we've found common ground, but there was never any question of Andrew's passion for and commitment to what he believed."
Republican presidential contender Rick Santorum called Breitbart a "powerful force" after learning of his death from reporters in Georgia. "He will be what a huge loss ... for our country and certainly for the conservative movement and my prayers go out to his family.
"I'm really sorry to hear it."
Mitt Romney, on Twitter: "Ann and I are deeply saddened by the passing of @AndrewBreitbart: brilliant entrepreneur, fearless conservative, loving husband and father."
Newt Gingrich tweeted: "Andrew Breitbart's sudden death is a tragedy for his family and for conservatism. Callista and I send our prayers and our condolences" and "Andrew Breitbart was the most innovative pioneer in conservative activist social media in America. He had great courage and creativity."
Sarah Palin, on Facebook: "God bless you, Andrew. Rest in peace, friend. We will continue the fight."
Matt Drudge posted this on his website:
"DEAR READER: In the first decade of the DRUDGEREPORT Andrew Breitbart was a constant source of energy, passion and commitment. We shared a love of headlines, a love of the news, an excitement about what's happening. I don't think there was a single day during that time when we did not flash each other or laugh with each other, or challenge each other. I still see him in my mind's eye in Venice Beach, the sunny day I met him. He was in his mid 20's. It was all there. He had a wonderful, loving family and we all feel great sadness for them today... MDRUDGE"
Arianna Huffington, editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Media Group, on her website:
"I was asked many times this morning for my thoughts on what Andrew meant to the political world, but all I can think of at the moment is what Andrew meant to me as a friend, starting from when we worked together — his passion, his exuberance, his fearlessness. And above all, what I'm thinking of at the moment is his amazing wife Susie and their four beautiful young children. My love and thoughts are with them right now."
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, the Virginia Republican, tweeted his condolences: "I'm stunned to hear about the passing of Andrew Breitbart."
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.