- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Bruce Springsteen performs at the Apollo Theater
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band worked a packed house into a total frenzy at Harlem’s legendary Apollo Theater.
Springsteen sprang through the balconies of the historic landmark and shimmied down pipes attached to the wall.
He also stretched, Gumby-like, to grasp the hand of a guy who leaned out of a box seat.
Jake Clemons, nephew of the late Clarence Clemons, blasted out sax solos to a great crowd response.
He’s part of Springsteen’s new brass section. The Boss recently noted that it “takes a village” to fill the Big Man’s shoes.
The show aired live as part of SiriusXM radio’s 10th anniversary celebration. It was a prelude to a world tour that launches March 18 in Atlanta.
Associated Press writer John Carucci contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs