- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Lyle, set to begin chemotherapy, becomes father
Question of the Day
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (AP) - Jarrod Lyle, the Australian professional golfer who will begin chemotherapy on Monday for a recurrence of leukemia, became a father Saturday.
Lyle's manager, Tony Bouffler, said Sunday that wife Briony gave birth to daughter Lusi Joy on Saturday in Shepparton, Victoria, Lyle's hometown.
Bouffler said Lyle was "over the moon" and that the player "can't stop holding her."
Briony Lyle was induced so Lyle could be at the birth before beginning chemotherapy treatment at Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Lyle was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia at age 17 and spent nine months in a hospital. He not only recovered but went on to earn his PGA Tour card. He matched his best finish three weeks ago in Los Angeles, where he missed a playoff by two shots and tied for fifth.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow