MISSOURI vs. Marquette _ A game without real big men should be a track meet, and the Tigers usually prevail in those matchups.
MICHIGAN STATE vs. Missouri _ Tom Izzo’s Spartans missed the Final Four last year to end a two-year run. They’ll get back by going inside against the Tigers.
(1) SYRACUSE vs. (16) North Carolina-Asheville _ The Orange won’t lose two in a row.
(8) KANSAS STATE vs. (9) Southern Mississippi _ The Wildcats survived the Big 12 with some strong defensive performances, and the Golden Eagles haven’t seen many teams that do that.
(5) VANDERBILT vs. (12) Harvard _ Once everybody is done with the SAT jokes they will see that the Commodores have way too much size for the Crimson.
(4) WISCONSIN vs. (13) Montana _ The Badgers are tough to prepare for because nobody plays defense and controls the pace the way they do.
(11) TEXAS vs. (6) Cincinnati _ The Longhorns have been improving at the end of the season while the Bearcats were talking about being overconfident after losing to Louisville in the Big East tournament.
(3) FLORIDA STATE vs. (14) St. Bonaventure _ The Seminoles are an outstanding defensive team, and they should enjoy trying to contain Atlantic 10 Player of the Year Andrew Nicholson.
(10) WEST VIRGINIA vs. (7) Gonzaga _ The Mountaineers are a young team that’s still learning how to take advantage of Kevin Jones’ talents. The Bulldogs have to deal with travel as well as Jones.
(2) OHIO STATE vs. (15) Loyola (Md.) _ The Buckeyes will be looking to get the taste of the Big Ten tournament final loss to Michigan State out of their mouths.
SYRACUSE vs. Kansas State _ The Orange’s 2-3 zone will cause havoc for the Wildcats’ young guards.