- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Christopher Plummer’s ‘Barrymore’ goes to cinemas
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Christopher Plummer's haunting portrayal of John Barrymore is being given a new audience.
Producers said Tuesday that the film "Barrymore" will be shown at cinemas in Canada beginning in May and throughout the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other countries in October.
"Barrymore" _ a two-person play exploring the life of famed actor John Barrymore _ earned Plummer a Tony in 1997. Last year, the actor recreated his performance for multiple high-definition cameras.
It was filmed over seven days on location and on the stage at the Elgin Theater in Toronto. Based on the play by William Luce, the film is directed and adapted for the screen by Erik Canuel.
Plummer recently won an Oscar for the romantic comedy "Beginners."
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world