- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
Judge pares down ‘Housewives’ lawsuit with ruling
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A judge on Tuesday pared down Nicollette Sheridan’s wrongful termination case by ruling that jurors won’t consider a battery claim against the creator of TV’s “Desperate Housewives.”
Sheridan’s attorney Mark Baute said the ruling will simplify deliberations and his client is still entitled to punitive damages if she wins. The actress is seeking roughly $6 million for being fired during the show’s fifth season.
Testimony in the case ended Tuesday after nine days. One of the last witnesses _ a set worker _ offered a final twist when he told jurors he received an email that he believed called for the destruction of files related to the firing of Sheridan.
Reinhart testified that the email made him uncomfortable, even though he could not remember its exact contents. He did recall that it contained the words “delete” “hard drive” and “Nicollette Sheridan.”
Reinhart said he immediately deleted the message and believed it had been mistakenly sent to him after Sheridan filed the lawsuit in 2010. He said he called Sheridan’s attorney Mark Baute on Sunday to tell him about the email because he wanted both sides to have all the information.
“It started gnawing at me,” Reinhart said. “I began to lose sleep over it.”
Reinhart said he felt he was performing “professional suicide” by coming forward and had left his home for the past two days to dodge a possible subpoena.
Reinhart has worked for the show for all eight seasons.
Baute has accused Cherry and ABC officials of engaging in a conspiracy to make it appear the decision to fire Sheridan had been made months before the dispute between the actress and Cherry in September 2008.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Blunder on the bases costly in D-Backs' 4-3 loss
- Nancy Pelosi: Congress worked together when Bush was president
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq