- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Scoring a tough task in men’s basketball in 2012
Question of the Day
“We’ve kind of got to get that reversed and try to get teams to speed up and play the style we want to.”
Bilas puts significant emphasis on officiating and limiting overly physical play. One example came late in Kansas’ overtime home win against Missouri, when KU’s Thomas Robinson blocked a layup from Phil Pressey _ Robinson got the ball cleanly but knocked Pressey to the floor with his body _ on a no-call at the end of regulation.
Bilas said calling fouls on physical play would lead to more free throws and deter defenders from the bumping and holding that impedes offensive movement. It wouldn’t just make it easier to score _ it could make the game a better product.
“It just doesn’t serve the game’s interest the way we’re doing it,” Bilas said. “How would the game suffer if Tyler Zeller weren’t held? If you’re a really good big guy _ I mean, really good _ why would you want to stay in college? So you can have guys hang all over you and you can’t execute a play and they don’t call it? And you can go to the NBA and get to execute in a 1-on-1 environment, they call fouls and you get paid for it.”
AP Sports Writers Colin Fly in Lexington, Ky., and Beth Harris in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors