- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taiwan company, execs guilty of fixing LCD prices
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A Taiwan company and two of its top executives have been found guilty of working with competitors to inflate prices of liquid screen display screens used in computer monitors and televisions.
Federal jurors in San Francisco on Tuesday convicted the AU Optronics Corp., its U.S. subsidiary and executives Hsuan Bin Chen and Hui Hsiung (shuhng). They were found guilty of violating anti-trust laws.
Jurors couldn't reach a unanimous decision for Steven Leung, resulting in a mistrial. Two other executives were acquitted.
Six other Asian LCD screen makers have pleaded guilty to charges related to the price-fixing and have been ordered to pay fines totaling more than $860 million. AU Optronics was the only one to fight the charges at trial.
That company's lawyer says it plans to appeal.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business "The Independents" special "The Gun Show"
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Gates: Obama strategy won't stop Putin
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again