- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
An NCAA tournament, from Jackrabbits to Jayhawks
This is one NCAA test not to take seriously. Those who do will miss all the fun.
For those breaking down brackets, digging out school colors or gettin’ on game faces, we’re bounce-passing your way our irreverent nickname quiz.
From Aztecs to Wolverines, Billikens to Boilermakers, Engineers to Mountaineers and Jackrabbits to Jayhawks, here’s a little pre-tourney tourney to test your nickname knowledge of almost every college in the tournament.
1. Who are the red teams?
2. The blue teams?
3. Some of the fastest teams? (land speed)
4. We’re counting lots of cats, as usual. How many can you name?
5. And who let the dogs out?
6. How about the flock of birds in the brackets?
7. Who are the `eer teams?
8. Who’s in the Wall Street game?
9. The bears have the NCAA market cornered. Who are they?
10. Who has horns?
11. Teams from Hell?
12. Which teams are climbing?
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
White House pets gone wild!