- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Police: 4 stabbed in Columbus, Ohio, office building
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A man stabbed four people at a downtown office building Wednesday afternoon and was shot by a police officer at whom he lunged with his weapon, authorities and a witness said.
Three of the victims are in critical condition, and a fourth received minor injuries, Sgt. Rich Weiner, a Columbus police spokesman, said. The suspect, whose name hasn't been released, is also in critical condition.
The attack was reported before 1 p.m. at a building that houses offices of the state attorney general and Miami-Jacobs Career College.
Police don't know what prompted the attack or whether there's any connection between the suspect and the wounded.
Jason Jackson, 31, works at a food stand in the building's lobby. He told the Columbus Dispatch that he heard a scream and that a security guard told everyone to leave. People tripped over one another trying to get out of the building, he said.
After he left the building, he circled back and saw a man headed toward officers. The officers told the man to drop his weapon, but the man lunged at an officer, who then shot him, Mr. Jackson told the newspaper.
A message left with the attorney general's office wasn't immediately returned.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again