- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
Royals injured C Perez says he’s returning to KC
Question of the Day
SURPRISE, ARIZ. (AP) - Kansas City catcher Salvador Perez said Wednesday on Twitter that he’s returning to Kansas City after hurting his knee.
He injured his knee while warming up starting pitcher Jonathan Sanchez in the bullpen before a 7-5 victory Tuesday over the Cincinnati Reds. Perez caught the first inning, but left with a noticeable limp and was replaced by Cody Clark.
“Heading to KC today - Thanks to all the fans for the support. I will work hard to be back as soon as possible. God bless you,” Perez tweeted.
Royals manager Ned Yost said he went for a MRI Tuesday in Arizona.
The 21-year-old Perez hit .331 in 39 games with the Royals last season after a promotion on Aug. 10. He signed a five-year $7 million contract on Feb. 27 with a club option for three more years.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world