- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Royals injured C Perez says he’s returning to KC
Question of the Day
SURPRISE, ARIZ. (AP) - Kansas City catcher Salvador Perez said Wednesday on Twitter that he’s returning to Kansas City after hurting his knee.
He injured his knee while warming up starting pitcher Jonathan Sanchez in the bullpen before a 7-5 victory Tuesday over the Cincinnati Reds. Perez caught the first inning, but left with a noticeable limp and was replaced by Cody Clark.
“Heading to KC today - Thanks to all the fans for the support. I will work hard to be back as soon as possible. God bless you,” Perez tweeted.
Royals manager Ned Yost said he went for a MRI Tuesday in Arizona.
The 21-year-old Perez hit .331 in 39 games with the Royals last season after a promotion on Aug. 10. He signed a five-year $7 million contract on Feb. 27 with a club option for three more years.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq