- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
American Scene: Killer gets life without parole
Killer gets life without parole; victim’s wife now a suspect
DECATUR | A corporate engineer who fawned over a female subordinate was found guilty but mentally ill Thursday of fatally shooting the woman’s husband in an ambush outside a suburban Atlanta preschool.
After a judge sentenced Hemy Neuman to life in prison without parole for killing Russell Sneiderman, prosecutors shifted their attention to the victim’s wife.
They have suggested Andrea Sneiderman was a “co-conspirator” in the slaying, goading a love-struck Neuman into killing her husband, perhaps for a $2 million life insurance policy.
Prosecutors and defense attorneys for Neuman said he was having an affair with Mrs. Sneiderman, though she repeatedly denied those accusations and any involvement in the killing. When pressed about whether charges were imminent, DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James said: “Stay tuned.”
State high court hears ‘Fighting Sioux’ case
BISMARCK | North Dakota Supreme Court justices grilled the state Board of Higher Education’s lawyer Thursday afternoon about why the board waited to challenge the Fighting Sioux nickname law in court.
Assistant Attorney General Doug Bahr says the state constitution gives the board authority over the nickname.
The justices did not immediately issue a ruling.
Feds deny state funds for Medicare women’s program
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again