- Associated Press - Thursday, March 15, 2012

NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Titans coach Mike Munchak had a big smile on his face when he left the team headquarters Wednesday night after daylong meetings with Peyton Manning.

The quarterback waved to fans waiting for a glimpse of him and gave a thumbs’ up.

Maybe signs that Tennessee’s pitch to the four-time NFL MVP went well, though no deals were announced after Manning spent about eight hours with Titans executives on a plane and at the team’s headquarters.

The next move is up to Manning.

Titans spokesman Robbie Bohren declined to comment. However, owner Bud Adams told Nashville station WSMV-TV late Wednesday night he thinks Manning was very pleased with what he saw from the Titans.

“He’s going to make his mind up fairly soon, hopefully we’d be in the running,” Adams said.

Manning walked out of the Titans‘ building with Munchak at 10:05 p.m. EDT where about 50 fans who had gathered along the fence greeted him by yelling “Peyton, Peyton.” Manning acknowledged them with a wave before getting into Munchak’s SUV and the two driving away through a back gate.

It was unclear if Manning was on the team plane that returned Wednesday night to the Raleigh-Durham airport, where the Titans had picked him up earlier. Manning’s friend and Duke coach David Cutcliffe lives in the area. Cutcliffe was Manning’s offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee and the quarterback has worked out several times over the past six weeks at the Blue Devils’ facilities.

Fans of Denver, Arizona, Miami and now Tennessee all are looking for clues on which team Manning will pick.

One sign Titans fans should possibly pay close attention to was a visit by the team doctor Burton Elrod to the facility during Manning’s visit. Elrod arrived and spent 90 minutes inside before leaving.

Offensive line coach Bruce Matthews, a Hall of Fame lineman like Munchak, also was seen leaving the facility not long after Elrod.

The Titans did just what Adams said: The 89-year old Adams instructed team executives to spend the day with Manning.

Tennessee pulled out all the stops.

Munchak, general manager Ruston Webster and chief operating officer Mike Reinfeldt landed in North Carolina just before 1:30 p.m. EDT to pick Manning up.

The quarterback, wearing a Tennessee orange shirt, arrived at the Raleigh-Durham airport riding in the backseat of black Escalade about 20 minutes later, boarded the plane and the group headed back to the Volunteer state.

Story Continues →