- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
Mac Miller big winner at MTV’s Woodie Awards
Question of the Day
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - Alternative hip-hop artist Mac Miller was a double winner at MTV’s Woodie Awards given to emerging musicians.
The 20-year-old Pennsylvania rapper won the Woodie of the year given to the top artist and the performing Woodie during the festival-style awards show Thursday night at the South By Southwest Music Conference and Festival in Austin, Texas.
Best Coast won video of the year for the Drew Barrymore-directed “Our Deal (Extended Version),” MGK won the breaking Woodie, given to the best emerging artist, and Calvin Harris won the EDM effect Woodie given to artists who bring electronic dance music to new audiences for his “We Found Love” collaboration with Rihanna.
The Woodies will air at 8 p.m. EDT Sunday with performances by Santigold, Miller and Steve Aoki.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq