- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Set your SafeSearch filter to ‘strict.’ Now.
Question of the Day
Welcome back to BracketRacket, your one-stop shopping for all things NCAA on tournament game days. It’s the weekend and if you’re stuck at the office, please set your SafeSearch filter to “strict.” Now.
North Carolina just picked up the endorsement of porn fans.
One word: cheerleaders.
A porn website conducted a March Madness survey and found 22 percent of its “basketball fanatics” want the Tar Heels to go all the way. To New Orleans, we think. And either way, they want the cheerleaders there.
Filling out the Final Four were Duke (15 percent), Michigan State (14 percent), and Baylor (12 percent). Ohio State, Kansas, Kentucky and Syracuse split the rest the vote.
Resume normal setting.
Snoop Dogg is an Everyfan. And an Everyalum for that matter. Just about every shirt he’s ever been photographed in has a number on it, but we’re limiting the discussion here to sports jerseys. Pick a team _ Steelers, Raiders, Lakers, Knicks, Caps, Pens, Dodgers, Liverpool, Manchester United, even UMass-Lowell _ and chances are good he’s flown its colors at one time or another.
This being March, Snoop was rockin’ the burnt orange of Texas (No. 14) when he ran into AP entertainment writer Chris Talbott at the South By Southwest festival in Austin. But that doesn’t mean he’s picking the Longhorns.
Or sharing his bracket with just anybody.
Or even saying whether he filled one out.
In quick succession, the rapper gave a shout-out to VCU coach Shaka Smart _ “He’s my boy” _ and panned just about everyone else. “The 1s looked shaky today. Syracuse looked shaky. Kentucky got out. I ain’t seen Carolina. I don’t know. There’s some good teams out there, some real good teams that got heart and soul, you know what I’m saying? When it comes to basketball it’s about locking up. It’s five on five, you know what I’m saying? If I can beat you and I can `D’ you up and keep the game close, anything can happen at the end.
This,” Snoop said with a closing flourish, “is March Madness, baby.”
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world