- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Obamas attend service at historic church near White House
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Obama attended services Sunday at a historic church that is steps away from the White House and often frequented by sitting presidents.
Mr. Obama, first lady Michelle Obama and their daughter Sasha walked through Lafayette Square to St. John’s Episcopal Church on a cloudy, brisk morning.
The service included Scripture readings from Numbers 21, Ephesians 2 and John 3 and the singing of “Amazing Grace.”
The visiting preacher, the Rev. Thomas Reid Ward Jr., reflected on the words of the popular hymn written by John Newton and told the congregation that God’s grace instills faith and courage.
“All we have to do is believe,” he said.
The Obamas participated in the congregation welcome of greeting pew neighbors and in Holy Communion before walking back to the executive mansion.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors