- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
AP Source: Manning chooses Broncos
Question of the Day
DENVER (AP) - Peyton Manning wants Denver to be the next stop in his outstanding career.
A person briefed on negotiations says the NFL's only four-time MVP called Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams and told him that he had chosen to negotiate with the Broncos. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on the matter.
Adams released a statement Monday confirming the Titans were out of the running and told The Tennessean that, "He called me himself and told me he wasn't coming, that he made his mind up to go with Denver."
ESPN first reported Manning instructed his agent to negotiate the details of a deal with the Broncos, less than two weeks after the QB became a free agent when the Indianapolis Colts released him.
Manning sat out all of 2011 because of multiple neck surgeries, but his success in the past has made him this offseason's most sought-after player.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs