- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Confederate flag, blackface flaps lead Catholic school to expel 4
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: D.C. gun laws only hurt law-abiding residents
I’ve been following Emily Miller’s get-a-gun-in-D.C. series with great interest (“D.C.’s gun law deception,” Web, March 13). Clearly concocted by Washington’s bureaucracy for no other reason than to deny a civil right recognized by the United States Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court, D.C.’s maze of restrictions on lawful gun ownership is certainly thorough.
I’m a Canadian target shooter with a particular interest in shooting-related vacations in the free United States and have had occasion to experience the dramatic difference in rights depending upon which side of the border one finds oneself. I take great pleasure in seeing Miss Miller illuminate the inanity of laws and policies that disarm only the law-abiding. These laws create only victims, not safety.
Next I hope that Miss Miller will write about her application for a Virginia permit to carry a concealed handgun in that state so that her readers can follow her in that process as well. I’m looking forward to it.
Margaree Valley, Nova Scotia
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers