- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: D.C. gun laws only hurt law-abiding residents
I’ve been following Emily Miller’s get-a-gun-in-D.C. series with great interest (“D.C.’s gun law deception,” Web, March 13). Clearly concocted by Washington’s bureaucracy for no other reason than to deny a civil right recognized by the United States Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court, D.C.’s maze of restrictions on lawful gun ownership is certainly thorough.
I’m a Canadian target shooter with a particular interest in shooting-related vacations in the free United States and have had occasion to experience the dramatic difference in rights depending upon which side of the border one finds oneself. I take great pleasure in seeing Miss Miller illuminate the inanity of laws and policies that disarm only the law-abiding. These laws create only victims, not safety.
Next I hope that Miss Miller will write about her application for a Virginia permit to carry a concealed handgun in that state so that her readers can follow her in that process as well. I’m looking forward to it.
Margaree Valley, Nova Scotia
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges