- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Running down the NCAA’s regionals
Question of the Day
Brady Heslip, Baylor. He’s open soon as he crosses midcourt and has killed teams that collapse on Baylor’s big front line in the NCAA tournament. In case you didn’t see it, he hit a 10th 3-pointer on the way to the locker room after demolishing Colorado on Saturday.
Marquis Teague, Kentucky. Once considered Kentucky’s lone weak spot, the freshman had 24 points, seven assists and four rebounds against Colorado.
Jeff Withey, Kansas. Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor make the Jayhawks go. Withey becoming more assertive helped take them to the regional semis.
Aaron Craft, Ohio State. The Buckeyes’ point guard can score and has great court vision. His biggest contribution could be defense; he can take an opposing guard completely out of a game.
Russ Smith, Louisville. The Cardinals guard can be a difference-maker and was against New Mexico, scoring 17 points. He disappeared a few times this season, which Louisville can’t afford at this point.
0 _ Losses by 29-7 Baylor outside the Big 12.
1 _ Team left from last year’s Final Four: Kentucky.
4 _ Conference tournament champions in the round of 16: Michigan State, Florida, State, Louisville and Ohio.
4 _ Teams from the Big Ten and Big East left in the tournament.
10 _ Times Michigan State has reached the regional semifinals in the last 15 years.
10 1/2 _ Point spread for North Carolina over Ohio, widest among the eight games.
48 _ Years since Ohio last reached the round of 16.
50 _ Years since Cincinnati beat Ohio State in the national title game for the second year in a row. The Bearcats and Orange play Thursday in Boston.
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq